Followers

Saturday 15 October 2011

Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween




Hi All

I hope you are feeling ok today and welcome to day 15 of The 31 Days of Halloween with Smeared and Smudged.  Today I have altered a candle for you to see. I have used the Raven from Smeared Inks set "Nevermore". I stamped the ravens and word onto tissue paper cut them out and applied to the candle by using my heat gun to melt the candle a bit. I then added a ribbon strip with beads which I salvaged from a broken necklace holder some time ago I added brass tacks along the ribbon.  At the top I added a piece of black ribbon which I added pins with little jem stones at the top to finish I added a moon charm with a jem pin. The first picture is the front of the candle the middle 2 are the sides the  last one is the back. I hope you have enjoyed visiting my blog and I hope to see you for day 16. Don't forget to check out the other participants and leave comments to be in with a chance of winning some fantastic prizes.

I am entering my candle in the following challenges:-

http://smudgyantics.blogspot.com/
http://www.artwithnoboundaries.blogspot.com/
http://www.sarahhurleychallenges.blogspot.com/
http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/
http://paperprettiesblog.blogspot.com/

Take care

Luv Jane xxx

20 comments:

  1. Great decorated candle! Fantastic idea for Halloween! Thanks for entering at Art with No Boundaries!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this . What a great idea and some of these would look great on my Halloween table. Great job and thanks for shareing this week at Art With No Boundries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cool! I've really been dying to try this technique. Love your trim. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. turned out beautiful, great candle

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT job! I did 2 candles already for this hop, but both times the images smeared etc. I used to stamp on candles all the time. I do not know why I had such a problem with these. Hubs says I should post them anyway. I might, but the candles were only $1 a piece after xmas at Michael's a few years back. So I might just try again.


    Your s is really , really good. With those etc touches!
    Yea! for you :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project! Love the images and all the extras you've added to the candle too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your candles would make a lovely addition to Halloween decorating. Probably the wax media but they are so different than most stuff. Like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great idea! I love that candle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jane, you did an awesome job on your altered candle! It happens to be one of my fav sets. But you have stamped so beautifully!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo cool Jane!!! I love the candle and added goodies are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG - this is awesome. What a fabulous piece :-)
    Ike xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane this candle is fantastic! I love how you've altered it! It's just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous! Love the idea of the decorated candle! And that beaded 'skirt', LOVE it!
    Thanks for joining us at Art with no Boundaries! Do visit again!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great project,goodluck at sarah hurley challenges.

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING! The beads are wonderful and of course the ravens ROCK! Edgar says to tell you that he is very impressed and things you have wonderful taste!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! I love it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing creation - so cool. Thanks for joining the Sarah Hurley Challenge. Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool candle! Thanks for playing in the Repeat Impressions DCC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love candles and you have altered this one beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete